Now available the Centre Hastings Information and event guide for 2018! Click the link to download a copy: Centre Hastings Information and Event Guide 2018
Please note the Madoc Santa Claus Parade is on November 24th, not November 25th and the Community Victorian Tea and Tour is on November 25th, not November 26th as is listed in the 2018 guide.
2018 Pool Guide:
The Committee’s Vision
To enhance the quality of life for the Municipality of Centre Hastings’ residents through the promotion of leisure, sports, recreational and cultural activities.
To achieve its Vision, the Committee…
Coordinates Leisure, Sports, Recreational and Cultural Activities
- Reviews schedules of activities
- Makes recommendations on scheduling where possible conflicts may exist
- lnvites all leisure, sports, recreational and cultural activities to join and actively participate in the Committee’s objectives
- Conducts research on similar committees elsewhere, and makes recommendations for ongoing committee effectiveness
Promotes Participation in such Leisure, Sports, Recreational and Cultural Activities that Enrich the Community
- Encourages expansion of existing and new activities
- Promptly posts all activities on Municipal web site and skate park LRD sign and otherwise as deemed appropriate
- lnvites local media to attend and join the Committee Reviews the Quality of Parks and Facilities
Reviews the Quality of Parks and Facilities
- Reviews information received in regard to facilities’ safety and physical accessibility by all members of the Community.
- Makes recommendations, as appropriate, to the Municipality for maintenance and/or repair/amendment
Parks, Recreation & Culture Coordinator: Jeff Bitton Contact Number: 613-473-4030
Committees supporting Parks, Recreation, and Culture:
Arts Centre Hastings Committee:
Contact number: 613-473-4049 Committee Chair, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Friends of the Madoc Public Library:
Contact: The Bookworm used book store. email@example.com Web Site: www.madocpubliclibrary.ca/about/friends
Huntingdon Park and Recreation Committee: Slow Pitch League
Contact: Stuart Kerby 613 473 4388
Madoc Agricultural Society:
The Fall Fair takes place the third weekend in September, at the Madoc & District Arena, on Cooper Road. Web Site: www.madocfair.org
Parent Teacher Association:
Madoc Public School: 32 Baldwin St. Madoc, Ontario 613-473-2487
Contact: Lynnette Cooper 416-884-9700
Santa Claus Parade Committee:
Contact: Leigh Anne Lavender, Coordinator Madoc & District Chamber of Commerce P.O. Box 669 Madoc, On K0K 2K0 | (613) 473-1616 firstname.lastname@example.org Always looking for volunteers.
Madoc and District Recreation Centre (Arena)
45 Cooper Rd (just off Highway 7) Madoc, ON, K0K 2K0 613-473-4206 | email@example.com Ice is in mid-September to mid-April, call to book ice time. Arena is available in the summer for ball hockey tournaments, lacrosse, dances, craft shows and trade fairs. Site of the renowned Madoc Fall Fair and Maguire Motocross races. Free WiFi available.
Public Skating Sunday’s 10:00 to 11:30 – cost $2/person $5 family
Mom’s and Tots Monday’s 9:00am to 10:00am
Seniors Monday’s 1:00pm to 2:00pm
Public Skating Saturday’s 5-6:30 – cost $2/person $5 family
Skate Park Committee
Contact: Charles Gordon 613 473 0447