Regular Council Meetings are on the third Wednesday of the month. A full schedule of meetings as well as minutes and agendas can be found on our Meeting Portal.
The Municipality of Centre Hastings is governed by a five member council. Council is comprised of a Mayor, elected at large, and three Councillors. One of the Councillors is appointed by the Members of Council as Deputy Mayor.
As one of the 14 municipalities that comprise the County of Hastings, Centre Hastings Mayor sits on the County of Hastings Council, along with the Mayors from other municipalities.
Role of Council
- To represent the public and to consider the well-being and interests of the municipality;
- To develop and evaluate the policies and programs of the municipality;
- To determine which services the municipality provides;
- To ensure that administrative policies, practices and procedures and controllership policies, practices and procedures are in place to implement the decisions of council;
- To ensure the accountability and transparency of the operations of the municipality, including the activities of the senior management of the municipality;
- To maintain the financial integrity of the municipality; and
- To carry out the duties of council under the Municipal Act or any other Act.