Water Resources

The Municipality of Centre Hastings works with the Ontario Clean Water Agency (OCWA) to safely and efficiently maintain our municipally owned water systems. We supply safe drinking water to customers across the Municipality.

Many of our residents are also private well owners. 

If you have a municipal water service, and you have any concerns related to the appearance, taste, or odour of your water, please contact OCWA at 705-484-5600.

The water shut-off valve represents the transfer of ownership between the Municipality and the property owner.

The shut-off valve is maintained by the Municipality. The piping on the private side of the valve belongs to the property owner who is responsible for any required repairs (which includes the water meter).

If you suspect a leak in your water service or in the street please contact the Public Works Department at 613-473-4030 ext. 210 (during regular business hours 8:30 a.m to 4:00 p.m.)

For all water or sewer connection inquiries, please contact the Public Works Department.

Going away for the winter?

A licensed operator will turn the water off at the curb stop in the fall, and back on in the spring. Someone is required to be at the premises during this service. Fees are in accordance with the latest Fees and Charges Bylaw.

To book an appointment, please contact OCWA at 705-484-5600.

Remember, you are responsible to maintain the private plumbing system within your home. This includes the water meter.

Public Works Department

7 Furnace St, PO Box 900, Madoc, ON K0K2K0

Scroll to top