Centre Hastings requires all dogs to be licensed (see Dog Licenses below). Animal Control Services are provided by the Animal Control Officer.
Centre Hastings requires all dogs to be licensed. Licences must be purchased each year per the Animal Control By-Law and Animal Control Policy ENF-001.
The Municipality of Centre Hastings has partnered with DocuPet Inc. to provide an enhanced licensing experience.
You can purchase your dog licence:
- On the phone by calling 1-855-249-1370
- In person at the Municipal Office
- By mail to the Docupet:
- Send a completed Dog Licence Application, and
- Cheque payable to Docupet
A yearly (365 day) licence is available at the following rates:
|For one (1) Altered (spayed or neutered) dog||$25|
|For one (1) Unaltered (male or female) dog||$35|
Centre Hastings requires dog kennel operators to license their kennels each year.
Centre Hastings does have an off-leash dog park just off Burnside St.
Visit Facebook for more information
The Clerk’s Office coordinates claims under the Ontario Wildlife Damage Compensation Program.
The program provides financial assistance to owners whose livestock, poultry and/or honey bees have been damaged or killed by wildlife.
To make an application under the program, the owner must:
- Have a valid farm business registration number (FBRN);
- Have a premises identification (PID) number;
- Report the injury or kill within 48 hours; and,
- Preserve the injury/kill site until the Municipal Investigator/Livestock Evaluator has investigated.
Contacting the Municipal Investigator/Livestock Evaluator:
- Within 48 hours of discovering the injury or kill contact the Municipal Investigator/Livestock Evaluator:
- Calvin or Ian Stein: 613-921-6344 or 343-645-5648